For over 50 years, the Department of Emergency Medicine at IU School of Medicine has cared for our patients and our communities. It is a promise we renew every day and one that has never been broken. We care for our patients and we care for each other. It is a simple message but one that defines who we are. For the next several years, we have two primary aims:
- Ensure our people thrive
- Eliminate disparities in every aspect of emergency care
Our vision:To improve the health and well-being of every life entrusted to us and every community we serve.
As an academic department, it is our privilege to embrace our tri-partite missions of research, education and clinical care. However, we believe there is more we must do.
Care for others like they are family, teach the way our favorite teachers taught us, boldly innovate to improve the care we deliver, and develop leaders who transform emergency medicine.
We will advance the mission by:
- Training the next generation of physicians and advanced practice providers
- Ensuring justice and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Achieving gender equity and parity
- Leading in wellness and mental health
- Growing the specialty through discovery, innovation, and knowledge creation
- Setting the standard for emergency care in the United States