The program accepts 21 residents per year and has full accreditation status by the residency review committee.
Emergency Medicine Categorical Residency Program
Register to Match
The Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine aims to lead the education, science and practice of emergency medicine. The Emergency Medicine Residency program at IU School of Medicine supports this department objective by recruiting high-quality candidates that have the potential to be leaders in the field of emergency medicine. As the only emergency medicine residency in Indiana, IU School of Medicine seeks to train physicians who will excel in all areas of the specialty, including the practice of clinical emergency medicine, departmental leadership, medical education, research and patient advocacy.
We train Emergency Medicine leaders who will excel in all areas of our
- Clinical excellence with a focus on patient-centered care as the foundation for any type of career in EM;
- A supportive, collegial, family environment with an emphasis on wellness to encourage a long-term career in EM;
- Actively cultivating an environment of diversity and inclusivity;
- A commitment to health equity and justice
- An emphasis on self-driven education to foster innovation, lifelong learning, and discovery, supported by outstanding clinical education and personalized mentorship;
- Providing residents with ample leadership opportunities through ownership of the residency program.