Applying to IU School of Medicine during COVID-19 Pandemic
- IU School of Medicine will accept P/NP (no pass) or S/F grades as meeting requirements.
- Applicants should consider scheduling an alternative MCAT test date. For updated MCAT information visit aamc.org.
- Applicants should consider enrolling into science prerequisites in fall or later terms rather than summer, if possible.
- Applicants may apply without an MCAT score but are encouraged to include a MCAT test date on the application, if available.
- Holistic review assessments will remain in place to determine the fitness of applicants’ backgrounds for medical school admission.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 274-3772 to schedule an appointment to speak with a Director regarding admissions, advising, application, and more.
- Interviews are held on Wednesdays online. Applicants invited for an interview should check email and the Applicant Portal for details.
Medical school matriculants must have a Bachelor degree unless they are applying and accepted through an Indiana University School of Medicine program which has waived the requirement.
In order to apply, applicants must have a minimum of 90 credit hours from a U.S. or Canadian institution and permanent resident visa, as well as the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Applicants should have a general understanding of medical settings and experience some level of patient and physician interactions. It is highly recommended students engage in a variety of medical and service learning activities (virtual and in-person are acceptable) before applying to Indiana University School of Medicine.
- One year of General and Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Biology—minimum two-hour lab
- One semester of Biochemistry
- One Social Science AND one Behavioral Science course
Requirements may be in progress at time of application. The MD Admissions Committee reserves the right to determine which courses fulfill program requirements.
Early Decision Program
The Early Decision Program is exclusive to applicants who wish to make a commitment to IU School of Medicine. The program offers medical school applicants the opportunity to secure early acceptance by October 1. Applicants not accepted during the Early Decision Program process are placed in the regular applicant pool and may apply to other medical schools after October 1.